|“||They come in pieces||”|
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part is a 2019 American computer-animated adventure/comedy film and a sequel to The LEGO Movie. It is written by Raphael Bob-Waksberg, produced by Phil Lord and Chris Miller, and directed by Mike Mitchell. The film released in theaters on February 8, 2019. The Film Follows Emmet and Lucy, Who Discover Duplo aliens. duplo aliens Wrecks Bricksburg All along, and They must stop an evil blue rugged adventurer from releasing Armamageddon all over the Lego and Duplo properties in the Universe. This Movie somehow Takes Place After The 2014 film of the same name A.K.A The First Film
The Film begins with a scene, where Finn is told by his dad that Legos is Now Appropriate for his sister. Duplo aliens arrive in the Lego universe and accept demolition on Bricksburg. Emmet builds the aliens a heart as a token of friendship, but one eats it and demands more. Emmet, Lucy and all of the Master Builders believe this as it was Nothing more than a separation battle. All of the aliens destroy Bricksburg. After President business leaves the master builders for golf, Emmet tries to reassure Lucy that "everything can still be awesome". Just moments after causing damage to Bricksburg, All of the Duplo aliens leave to go back home and all LEGO Justice League characters leave too. Emmet builds a House rocket ship Off-screen, leaving Wyldstyle to discover a stairgate which allows it to shrink over the citizens of Bricksburg, including the Master Builders.
the film skips ahead to the opening real life sequence, Most likely 5 years after the events of The First Film , Bricksburg is now destroyed, abandoned and transformed into The Piecetown of Nowhere. Emmet and lucy end up in a Apocalyptic, Sluggish, And garbage Hometown Called Apocalypseburg, It was created by Finn. Most of the people in Bricksburg have been severely damaged by the Duplo aliens. Several of their friends are going missing to fight duplos aliens, but they never came back, so they had to "grow up" and become tougher in a harder world.
The only exception is Emmet, who is still an upbeat and optimistic character. Emmet orders coffee from the coffee shop, promoting a clerk to use a coffee machine to pour coffee into 2 cups, then the bank counts the money, promoting emmet to purchase coffee. as emmet leaves, he was almost run over by a truck passing by. Emmet puts on headphones and listens to music. Emmet meets one of the characters in Apocalypseburg. Emmet builds a bridge to keep away from people who are fighting outside of the shop. Emmet pulls a lever, the bars swing closed, and emmet hitches a ride on a lifting board. Benny uses metal beard's body to make metal beard a motorcycle. emmet builds a sign in a lifting board, Causing metal beard to catch on fire as a result of benny making a mistake. emmet slides down a pole to meet the cats moving into the car and give them their names. Emmet meets batman, who was sitting in the metal shooter. Emmet goes up to see lucy. When Wyldstyle was trying to take a lookout for the demolished bricksburg, Emmet shows up. emmet asks if she wants some coffee.
When Wyldstyle attempts to teach him how to brood, Emmet reveals a visionary nightmare of an impending "Armamageddon". Afterwards, Emmet takes Lucy to surprise her with a new, cute house he built for the two of them. However, Lucy warns him that such a cute house will attract more aliens. Immediately after they see a shooting start, which turns out be a Metal duplo spaceship. Emmet, Lucy and Unikitty rush through into The Piecetown of Nowhere to see what's going on. At the back of the Bricksburg sign, The three of them discover the Blue-eyed spaceship, promoting it to destroy the Bricksburg Sign and follows after them as a result of Bricksburg's final state: Blue-eyed spaceship rushing through destroyed Windows.
Blue-eyed spaceship attacks Apocalypseburg, and everyone takes shalter behind a big gate. However, one of the exploding stars becomes stuck in the gate right before they close, prompting Emmet to briefly open them to rescue the star. As he does, the ship's commander sneaks into the shelter. It's general Sweet Mayhem, who invites the leaders of Apocalypseburg to a matrimonal ceremony in her home galaxy at 5:15. When they refuse, Sweet Mayhem captures everyone (except Emmet) and takes them to the shape-shifting queen of the "Systar System", Queen Watevera Wa'Nabi. Wa'Nabi is able to brainwash Emmet's friends into accepting the happiness of her Colorful universe, Demanding Batman to marry her as his very own way to unite the Lego and Duplo worlds. Only Lucy remains skeptical of Wa'Nabi's plans.
Emmet tries to Provide the sound reason for the Master Builders to do something to save Lucy and the rest of his friends, but they refuse to help. So the construction worker crafts a House Rocket Ship (the same spaceship that he was previously using before it got destroyed by the asteroid during the events Between the LEGO movie and the LEGO movie 2) to pursue Mayhem, but must pass through the "Stairgate". The ship is heavily damaged and nearly collides with an asteroid field from the first film, but is saved in time by rugged adventurer Rex Dangervest. After hearing Emmet's story about saving the world from Lord Business from the first film, Rex offers to help and takes them to the Systar System. The Spaceship arrives at the Crystal planet, where the crystal creatures, led by Balthazar, Changed lucy's hair color from Black to Full color after dipping glitter on her. Back in Rex's Spaceship, Emmet, rex and the dinosaur grab their weapons and head out to the dark purple forest, where the dinosaurs are captured by pink branches.
Rex uses his tracking device, but discovers a creature, and others join in too. Emmet and rex escape, emmet carries rex's stuff and builds a cars to escape quickly, taking rex along with it in order for rex to hitch a ride on it while using his gun to defeat enemies, but they are surrounded by creatures blocking their path. Just then, Emmet crashes through them. rex uses a fist punch on a ground, Presumably getting rid of the enemies. emmet notices a lamp post, which turns out to become a town. Emmet meets superman who is mowing the lawn. Lucy discovers music made by Balthazar and tells everyone to get out of here, but they are unstoppable.
Emmet and rex Does so too, but emmet was captured by people who are dancing. So Rex Lifts up a Systar truck to Protect them, emmett creates a hole that locates to the piecetown of nowhere (Which was toppled down by Systar cranes and now the home of duplo aliens). Meanwhile, The master builders hop on the systar truck and make their way to the ceremony setup. Wa'nabi was called by general sweet mayhem. Bananar keeps slipping out. Back in The piecetown of nowhere( Renamed Duplo city), Emmet ends up getting captured the systar crane and discover DUPLO aliens building the ceremony. Emmet was saved by rex, The Two of them end up In Green LEGO, and Plunged down into a tray, which locates back to the systar system. Meanwhile in the Systar Truck, The Master builders Were having fun. Lucy takes a lookout and discovers emmet. Lucy jumps into the tray, Lucy, Emmett and Rex Fall into the Lava Pot, Emmett builds a toaster, and they get out by launching into the hole.
As the wedding starts, Emmett, Rex, and Lucy Divide into groups to somehow carefully obstruct the event. However, Lucy is obstructed so as to prevent her from continuing to a destination by Mayhem,As the Guards Block her Path. Lucy tries to fight back, but general sweet mayhem's helmet pops off. Discovering in the process, General Sweet mayhem has his face. She Fall down, But General Sweet mayhem was saved by Lucy. At the ceremony, Wa'Nabi accepts her true form: the heart that Emmett tried to use for the Duplo invaders. Lucy realizes Mayhem is the hero, and Rex is the villain, but Emmett, with prompting from Rex, threatens destruction on the ceremony. This allows Finn and Bianca to use the Armamageddon.
In reality, Finn, after finding that his little sister Bianca had taken his Lego figures, has smashed her creations. Their mom walks in during their fight and tells them that enough is enough. Their mom forces the two of them to throw all their Lego into the storage bin. Back in the lego universe, Emmet tries to stop them but is prevented by Rex, who reveals he is a version of Emmett from his future, thinking he is the version of Emmett - Somehow After The First Film Left Off On, But Years Before This, while using a house rocket ship, emmett crashed into the asteroid right before Rex swooped in to save him. He had crashed and fallen into planet Undar of the Dryar System (under the dryer in the human world, forgotten by Finn), where he had been alone for years with no one coming to save him. This loneliness and anger is what caused him to eventually gain control of his own body. To pursue his dream of his time travel existence. He found new clothes, so he changed his clothes, gave himself a makeup, and changed his name to Rex Dangervest. As Rex tries to escape from the Dryar System, Bianca Uses a LEGO spaceship and Rex watches as Bianca plays with her LEGOs, but Rex does not have a spaceship, so Rex decides to build His Spaceship, But Accidentally transported back in time to see the dinosaurs.
Rex throws the tennis ball to the dinosaurs, Promoting them to catch it. The dinosuars create a time machine in order to travel back in time to save Emmett from discovering a Stairgate, Just like lucy did, Ruining the City Of bricksburg (Renamed The Piecetown of Nowhere) As Armamageddon, taking everyone, including lucy, away from emmett. Meanwhile, at the same time, Rex manages to save himself from going through that anguish. When Emmett tries to fight back, Rex knocks him under the same dryer, ensuring that he would continue to exist.This is the true Armamageddon. Lucy, who was thrown onto a desk during the sibling fight, tries to stop them from doing so, but is unsuccessful. In the Lego world, this all appears as all the characters getting sucked into the black square, and almost giving up hope of ever getting back out.
Meanwhile, Finn and Bianca reconcile and start playing together. In the Lego universe, this act inspires Lucy and the others to escape the bin and help rebuild Wa'Nabi's world. Lucy helps to save Emmett from Rex and destroy his time machine. When Rex realizes that Lucy came back for Emmett, like no one had ever done for him, he seems to reconcile with his grief and then starts fading away. Emmett wants to save him, but Rex says that it's okay and that Lucy had stopped Rex' timeline from existing.
Finn and Bianca's mother sees them playing together and calms down, allowing them to unpack their Lego toys. The Lego universe is transformed into a The piecetown of happiness, Apocalypseburg and the systar system are merged to create Syspocalypstar. Emmett was happy about it. Benny switches helmets with general Sweet Mayhem. President business returns from golf to discover a new city, Telling Emmett that he did a good job fixing everything until Benny flies by him, causing president business to get fire on his head. After running into a firework shop, President business is Ejected from the universe by fireworks and hurled out of view. Lucy rebuilds Emmett's home and they move in.
The film ends with Lucy gifting Emmett with the original album of "Everything Is Awesome", revealing that she co-originated the song, causing Emmett to gasp in shock.
- Chris Pratt as Emmet, Rex Dangervest
- Will Arnett as Batman
- Elizabeth Banks as Lucy
- Charlie Day as Benny
- Nick Offerman as MetalBeard
- Alison Brie as Unikitty
- Tiffany Haddish as Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi
- Stephanie Beatriz as Sweet Mayhem
- Richard Ayoade as Ice Cream Cone
- Channing Tatum as Superman
- Jonah Hill as Green Lantern
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
- Ralph Fiennes as Alfred Pennyworth
- Jadon Sand as Finn
- Brooklynn Prince as Bianca
- Jason Momoa as Aquaman
- Chris McKay as Larry the Barista
- Zendaya as Daphne Blake
- Camila Cabello as Velma Dinkley
- John Cena as Fred Jones
- Shameik Moore as Shaggy Rogers
- Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo
- Will Ferrell as President Business
- Maya Rudolph as Mom
- Jimmy O. Yang as Zebe
- Ike Barinholtz as Lex Luthor
- Noel Fielding as Balthazar
- Bruce Willis as Himself
- Gary Payton as Himself
- The movie was delayed twice, previously being scheduled for May 26, 2017, and May 18, 2018. It did not come out in 2017 because The LEGO Batman Movie was released that year.
- In the scene where Emmet buys coffee, the names of all the actors who have played James Bond are heard except Timothy Dalton. They are Sean Connery, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig.
- During the song, "Gotham City Guys", some of the actors who have played Batman are referenced. They were Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, Michael Keaton, Adam West, George Clooney, and Val Kilmer.
- Unikitty has a different design from the first movie, but the old one can be seen in promotional images for this movie.
- Also during "Gotham City Guys," the first few notes of Danny Elfman's score for Batman (1989) can be heard. The musical phrase gets remixed repeatedly during his solo.
- The act of Finn destroying Bianca's reception cake could be a reference to Ralph destroying Fix-It Felix Jr.'s 30th Anniversary cake from Disney's Wreck-It Ralph.
- In the scene where Emmet discusses going to the Systar System, Harley Quinn says it would be a 'suicide mission'. This, along with her Apocalypseburg design, are references to Suicide Squad.
- Puppycorn can be seen during a part in "Not Evil".
- When all of the LEGO creations are in The Bin of Sto-rauge, they sing a sad version of Everything Is Awesome (Everything's Not Awesome).
- When Rex (Chris Pratt) introduces himself to Emmet (also Pratt), the latter is confused by Rex saying his occupations, which are actually an amalgamation of Pratt's various characters:
- a galaxy defender (Star-Lord/Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy)
- archaeologist (in reference to rumors that he could portray Indiana Jones in a future movie)
- cowboy (Joshua Faraday from the 2016 remake of The Magnificent Seven)
- raptor trainer (Owen Grady from Jurassic World).
- Rex is an acronym for Radical Emett Xtreme.
- Rex Dangervest is a version of Emmet from the future.
- This is the first LEGO movie in which an antagonist is killed.
- Bruce Willis appears twice, during the Palace of Infinite Reflections when he's in the spa, and later in an air duct sneaking through it as he does in Die Hard. He is first seen by Lucy during her attempt to escape from the Systar System, and later by Rex when they attempt to crash the wedding between Queen Watevra Wa’Nabi and Batman.
- During the scene where Emmet approaches the Duplo characters, news headings can be seen saying "TACO TUESDAY A HOAX", "FREE TACOS A LIE", and "INSANE MAN APPROACHES MONSTERS".
- Rex's ship is shaped like a bunched fist.
- During the rally from the storage box, there is a Casey Jr. cameo, modified into a spacecraft, minus the face.
- A comment is made about Marvel "not returning our calls." Characters from the Marvel Universe are conspicuously absent from the Lego movies, due to rights issues with Disney. Characters from the Star Wars universe (also owned by Disney) appeared in The Lego Movie (2014), but not in this sequel.
- Actress Stephanie Beatriz (Sweet Mayhem) has a signature small scar on her right eyebrow which was caused by, coincidentally enough, tripping on a piece of LEGO when she was 10 years old.
- With 13 minutes of end credits, this film currently has the longest amount of end credits for an animated film.
- When the Justice League go to fight the alien invaders, someone asks where Batman is, to which Wonder Woman replies that he's off on a solo adventure - presumably referencing the events of The Lego Batman Movie (2017).
- Emmet's Dream House is actually based on the house Emmet crashes through when Lucy gives him the controls to the bike in The Lego Movie (2014).
- Two of the raptors' names are Ripley and Connor. They are named after the two sci-fi heroes Ellen Ripley, from the Alien franchise, and Sarah Connor, from the Terminator franchise.
- When Rex, Emmet and the raptors arrive at the Sistar System, the scene where they leave the ship is a remake of the scene from Aliens (1986) where the crew rolls out on LV-426 with the same motion detector
- The opening bars of Everything's Not Awesome has a similar piano and guitar arrangement as Karma Police by Radiohead, hence the reference to the band in the song's lyrics.
- When Mom steps on a brick, she comments that the level of pain is close to that of childbirth. Obviously, she's joking, but studies have shown that the pain of stepping on Lego bricks is actually higher than that of walking across hot coals or broken glass.
- In the same manner that Finn's mother was absent from the first movie, and only her voice being heard, the Man Upstairs doesn't appear on screen except for reused footage from The Lego Movie (2014). However, the audience does hear his voice in a few scenes.
- Jorma Taccone (voice of 'Larry Poppins') is one third of The Lonely Island who co-wrote and performed the song 'Everything is Awesome' in the first Lego Movie, in collaboration with Tegan and Sara.
- Sweet Mayhem is based on the Lego Friends "mini-dolls".
- Richard Ayoade (Ice Cream Cone) and Noel Fielding (Balthazar) are longtime friends and frequent collaborators, having worked together on 'The Mighty Boosh' and 'The IT Crowd', as well as being frequent teammates on 'The Big Fat Quiz of the Year.'
- There are a total of 3 Wonder Woman figures that appear. These are the mini-figure from the first movie, mini-doll (Lego Friends), and Duplo.
- Unikitty's brother Puppycorn from the Cartoon Network spin-off series Unikitty! (2017) makes a cameo.
- When Emmet makes his spaceship to rescue his friends, he tells Planty to "buckle up". This is a reference to "Guardians of the Galaxy", when Star-Lord (Chris Pratt) tells Groot to do the same.
- The movie addresses one of the main criticisms of The Lego Movie (2014), i.e. the fact that even though Wyldstyle (aka Lucy) was the tougher and smarter character and did most of the work, Emmet, the "hapless male", was regarded as the hero.
- Due to the film's box office reception, considered disappointing by the studio's standards, Warner Bros. chose to let their hold on the Lego brand's film rights lapse. Universal Studios subsequently gained the film rights, thus making this the last Lego-based film produced by Warner Bros.
- Jason Momoa does the voice for Aquaman, whom he has played in a series of live action movies.
- Velma from the Scooby-Doo franchise makes a cameo appearance, possibly to tease Warner Animation Group's upcoming film Scoob! (2020).
- This film had to be released in 2019, due also to the two anticipated rival animation movies of 2017, Despicable Me 3 (2017) and Cars 3 (2017), both of which are the third installment of their respective franchises, as well as an original film, Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017).
- Rob Schrab was going to make this film his feature directorial debut, until he was replaced by Mike Mitchell.
- Cobie Smulders reprises her role of Wonder Woman from The Lego Movie (2014). It was the female superhero's animated theatrical film debut. She was filming Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019) (a sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)) around the same time as this production.
- Before the film was released, it was reported that Gal Gadot was going to play the LEGO version of Wonder Woman, similar to how Jason Momoa plays his LEGO Aquaman character, replacing Cobie Smulders from The Lego Movie (2014). This did not happen, for unknown reasons.
- Warner Animation Group's 6th feature film.
- The letter R on Rex Dangervest's suit is reminiscent of the R on Batman's partner Robin's outfit.
- Will Ferrell, who plays The Man Upstairs (Finn and Bianca's father), and Maya Rudolph, who plays Mom, were both cast mates on Saturday Night Live.
- Nick Offerman and Stephanie Beatriz's second animated movie together, after Ice Age: Collision Course (2016), 3 years prior.
- Will Ferrell's fourth animated film, after Curious George (2006), Megamind (2010), and The Lego Movie (2014). All of but one of these feature Jonah Hill.
- The third Warner Animation Group film to be released in February, after The Lego Movie (2014) and The Lego Batman Movie (2017).
- This is the first Warner Animation Group's sequel film.
- Bruce Willis' fourth theatrically released animated film, after Beavis and Butt-Head Do America (1996), Rugrats Go Wild (2003) and Over the Hedge (2006), as well as his second fully CGI film, with the latter being the first and his first not to be distributed by Paramount Pictures (although the latter film was produced by DreamWorks Animation, it was still distributed by Paramount at the time of release).
- Excluding live-action/animation hybrids like Space Jam (1996), Osmosis Jones (2001), and Looney Tunes: Back in Action (2003), this is the fifth Warner Bros.' animated film to use live-action sequences, after Happy Feet (2006), Happy Feet Two (2011), The Lego Movie (2014) and The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017).
- The fourth Warner Bros.' animated sequel, after Pokémon the Movie 2000 (1999), Pokémon 3: The Movie (2000) and Happy Feet Two (2011).
- The second Warner Animation Group film to be rated PG for mild action violence and rude humor by the MPAA, after The Lego Movie (2014). Interestingly, The Lego Movie mentioned the word "butt" four times, but this movie only says it twice.
- This is Warner Animation Group's first film to use an opening title, instead of just the logo.
- Richard Ayoade's third animated film, after The Boxtrolls (2014) and Early Man (2018).
- Channing Tatum's fifth animated movie, after The Lego Movie (2014), The Book of Life (2014), The Lego Batman Movie (2017), and Smallfoot (2018). He played Superman in all the Lego films.
- The second Warner Bros.' computer-animated sequel, after Happy Feet Two (2011).
- Seventh collaboration between Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill, after 21 Jump Street (2012), This Is the End (2013), The Lego Movie (2014), 22 Jump Street (2014), Hail, Caesar! (2016) and The Lego Batman Movie (2017).
- Takanuva, the main star of the first Lego film Bionicle: Mask of Light (2003) was at one point slated to appear in the movie as part of Rex's crew. He showed up in concept art inspired by his original 2003 toy design, though closer in scale to a normal Lego Minifig. It is unknown why he was cut, as he would have been the first character from Lego's "Constraction" themes to appear in the Lego Movie franchise. The reboot of the Bionicle series and the buildable Star Wars action figures have both been canceled during the film's production due to low sales, which could be one reason Takanuva got cut.
- The last Lego film distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
- Warner Animation Group's second film with a box office bomb, after The Lego Ninjago Movie.
- The previous film, The Lego Movie (2014), was released the same year as Maleficent (2014). The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) was released the same year as Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019).
- Will Forte's fourth animated film after Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013), and The Lego Movie (2014), all four of which involved Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.
- The second Warner Animation Group's musical film, after Smallfoot (2018).
- In the same way that The Lego Movie was released in the same year as Maleficent and both movies' sequels came out in 2019, The Lego Movie (2014) was released the same year as Godzilla (2014). The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019) was released the same year as Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019).
- The last Warner Bros.' animated film of 2010s to produced in 2.35:1.
- The third Warner Animation Group film to use live-action sequences, after The Lego Movie (2014) and The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017).
- The second film to feature Mike Mitchell and Mark Mothersbaugh, after Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (2011).
- The seventeenth computer-animated sequel to be produced at 2.35:1 after Shrek Forever After (2010), Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011), Cars 2 (2011), Happy Feet Two (2011), Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013), Rio 2 (2014), How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014), Planes: Fire & Rescue (2014), Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016), Ice Age: Collision Course (2016), Cars 3 (2017), Despicable Me 3 (2017), Sherlock Gnomes (2018), Incredibles 2 (2018), and Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018).
- Warner Bros.' seventeenth theatrically released computer-animated film after The Polar Express (2004), The Reef (2006), The Ant Bully (2006), Happy Feet (2006), TMNT (2007), Beowulf (2007), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008), Astro Boy (2009), Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole (2010), Animals United (2010), Happy Feet Two (2011), The Lego Movie (2014), Storks (2016), The Lego Batman Movie (2017), The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017), and Smallfoot (2018).
- The last Warner Bros.' animated film of 2010s to be rated PG by the MPAA.
- Warner Animation Group's last film of the 2010s.
Spoiler alerts follow in the next points.
- Rex Dangervest's comments about having a chiseled jawline hiding under baby fat are a reference to the physical changes voice actor Chris Pratt went through preparing for his role in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).
- At the very end of the film, Dad says (off screen), "Honey, where are my pants?". This was the title (and catchphrase) of Emmet's favorite show from The Lego Movie (2014).
- During one of the early live action scenes of Finn and Bianca fighting over their toys, Finn can be heard to say "I'm crafting a narrative involving time travel...", foreshadowing events in the movie.
- Rex seems to have some level of meta-awareness when he says to Emmet that everything that's happening isn't real and is just a metaphor for the loss of imagination in the mind of an adolescent.
- At the wedding, Emmet jumps over the rim of the pyramid shaped planet while Rex stays on it while they're talking. This makes it appear as Emmet is standing at a lake talking to its mirror image, which foreshadows that they are different versions of the same person.
- At one point in the movie, Emmet says "let's go save our friends" to Rex Dangervest, but at this point Rex hasn't met any of them yet. Since the audience have yet to learn that Rex is Emmet from the future, meaning this could be a foreshadowing of that reveal.
- This is the first movie in which Chris Pratt acts as the antagonist.
- When Lucy meets Emmet near the wedding, she asks him if he drew stubble dots on his face. This is a reference to the previous movie, where Bad Cop drew a Good face on the blank part of his face using a permanent marker, after it was destroyed by Lord Business when he refused to "Kraglise" his parents.
- The Welcome to the system system song sequence was originally longer, but was shortened because people probably would have found it annoying to their ears.
- There was also a 2 part scene during the sequence where Wyldstyle goes through the vents and sees all her friends ”hypnotized” and then She looks around the room and finds Wonder Woman’s lasso, Aquamans tridents, And Superman’s Crystal which reveals a message in which he says “Whoever hears this message, everyone is singing and dancing, and not acting like themselves. I think a may be next. The queen is building some space Castle for some ceremonial ceromony or something. The Only way to save us is to blow up the heart of the temple, steal the cinematics and hope they fall into the right hands, destroy the ceromony, and save us all” And them it cuts. Later near the ending of the film, superman reveals that he made a new message saying “ok guys disregard the previous crystal, the Queen is cool and they just wanna be our friends, alright bye”. This was possibly cut because it would ruin The flow of the flim.
- After The Wyldstyle Vs General Sweet Mayhem Sequence, There was an Alternate Choice where either Lucy saves General or Its the Other way Round. Despite Being Significantly Shorter, The Mayhem save Lucy choice was better because mayhem can fly. This was Probably Cut because Mike Mitchell Thought it would be more heartwarming if lucy saved mayhem rather than what was alternatively their plan.
- There was also a Extended version Of The scene On the Rexelsior, where rex Dangervest tells emmet to pick which planet they think their friends are captured on. after he picks a planet, Radical Emmet Xtreme Tells emmet to yell “Everyone Suit up!” But was Probably Cut for time.
- The End Titles Aren't seen In the credits, but it can be seen in the plot.
- "Not Evil"
- "Gotham City Guys"
- "Catchy Song"
- "Super Cool"
- "Everything's not Awesome"
- Batman main theme
- Reprise of Everything is Awesome
- Welcome to the Systar System
Factual mistakes Edit
- In The Lego Batman Movie, it is claimed that Superman sent Lex Luthor to the Phantom Zone during a news programme - this programme being the impetus for the Joker to infiltrate said zone, and recruit the villains there for his takeover of Gotham City. However, Lex is nowhere to be found in this realm, and he has somehow been instead transported to the Duplo universe.
- Emmet describes his nightmare involving a dolphin to Lucy. Lucy tells him to think of something with less fish, but dolphins aren't fish. They're mammals.
|“||Hang onto your fronds, Planty. We're going to save Lucy! And all the other people who were captured.||”|
–Emmet about to take off in his ship with Planty
|“|| Rex Dangervest: Do you mind if I save your life?
Emmet Brickowski: Not at all. Who ARE you?
Rex Dangervest: The name's Rex Dangervest. Galaxy defending archeologist, cowboy, and raptor trainer!.
Emmet Brickowski: I don't get it.
|“|| Wyldstyle: You are not our leader.
Batman: How many movies are made about you? None. I have nine movies, and three more currently in development.
|“|| Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi: I'm Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi.
Wyldstyle: I'm getting super-evil vibes here!
Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi: I could change my form to something else if this makes you uncomfortable. (she turns from a horse into an octopus monster) Hey, guys!
Batman: No, go back! The horse was much more palatable!
|“|| Emmet Brickowski: Lucy!
Wyldstyle: Emmet! Did you draw stubble dots on your face?
Emmet Brickowski: What? (wipes off his face) No!
|“|| [after crashing underneath the washing machine]
Emmet Brickowski: Could this day get any worse?
[a spider crawls over him]
Emmet Brickowski: Yep. It can.
|“|| Robot Armor: Who are you?
Wyldstyle: I'm your worst nightmare!
Robot Armor: You're me, when I'm late to school and I forgot my homework and my pants are made of pudding.
Wyldstyle: No, I don't...
|“||Emmet Brickowski: Don't worry, Lucy. Everything can still be awesome!||”|
|“|| Mom: Hon, I could really use your help up here.
The Man Upstairs: [off-screen] Kids, do the thing... uh, what your mother says.
Mom: You heard your father's super helpful contribution.
|“|| Heart: You are so handsome!
Batman: And you are very... perceptive.
|“|| Duplo Alien: You missed me!
Batman: No, I did not!
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Magnificent Seven
- Indiana Jones
- Star Wars 4: A New Hope
- Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens
- The Matrix
- Back to the Future
- Die Hard
- Wonder Woman
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Batman Begins
- Batman Forever
- Batman Returns
- Batman and Robin
- Batman vs Superman